25 January 2009

TV wasteland = fun with alpaca

How can there be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worth watching on a Saturday night on any of the bazillion channels we get? DVD player and a hank of alpaca yarn to the rescue!

The yarn is a sport-weight alpaca from Thistledown Alpacas that I bought last year at Maryla
nd Sheep & Wool. Lovely, just lovely, about 120 yards of softness. There's a lot of texture in there. The pattern is the New New Shale Cowl, only mine is about 5 inches shorter than the pattern instructions call for because 1) I only wanted to use one skein, and 2) I thought a full-length one might be a little heavy in this yarn. This is Alabama, after all. It's not heavily blocked; I just steamed it some to get teh YOs to open up a little.

I have two more hanks of this yarn, and I'm thinking maybe fingerless mitts, or maybe a hat...

No comments: