30 January 2009

More alpaca fun

Now I can be all matchy-matchy with my Thistledown Alpacas accessories! (Anyone who knows me knows that I do not have the gene for accessorizing, btw.) I'm so happy with this beret that I violated the rule about only wearing one hand-knit item at a time last night and wore it with the cowl from the same yarn (see previous post). I know the cables get lost in the heathery tones of the yarn, and I knew they would before I started knitting, and I don't care! Knitting with this yarn is such a tactile pleasure, so I wanted to do something with it that would require much handling.

Pattern: Cabled Tam (Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2008)
Yarn: Thistledown Alpacas DK
Needles: US6 (4mm) and US4 (3.5mm)
Mods: only did four of the five pattern repeats

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that yarn sounds like lovely stuff.

And who says you can't wear more than one hand knit item at a time? I never heard that rule :)