09 February 2009

Oh, look, more socks

Socks are the knitting equivalent of comfort food for me. If I just need to knit on something, a simple pair of ribbed socks fits the bill. I can work on them without having to concentrate too much, other than paying a little attention while doing the heel. It's knitting on autopilot. Looking at my output for the last few months, I've been on autopilot a lot.

So it was with this latest pair. I meant to reverse the twist of the cable on the second sock, but because I was knitting on autopilot, I didn't remember that detail until I was halfway to the heel. Oh, well...

Autopilot Socks
Pattern: none
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: US2 for cuff, US0 for the rest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty socks - especially for an "auto-pilot" design. Beautiful yarn color too :)

My "auto-pilot" socks tend to be simple ribs. I haven't had a lot of luck with cables on socks - too small and fiddly for my fat fingers to manage!

Annabel said...

@ Robbyn: thanks for the feedback. These started out as K3 P1 ribbed socks, but I added the cables on a whim. I kept the fiddly-ness of the cable to a minimum by only twisting the cable every 8 rounds, almost not enough to be called a cable, more like a loose twist in the stitches.